Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to keep an archived card visibile in the calendar powerup?

samwhis December 12, 2018

Hello, 

is there a chance I can keep a single archived card in my calendar? I would like to have a sort of history tracking of all my "to do activities" but don't want them to appear on my board list cause everything would get a bit confusing. 

Can anyone help me with that? 

3 answers

3 votes
eflatun May 22, 2019

Should be a way for this. Are you thinking about provide this feature?

Deleted user November 6, 2020

I second this

0 votes
Jialing Xie August 30, 2021

Hi! Bumping this thread - is there any product updates around allowing archived cards to be displayed on the list? @Blair at Atlassian @trello 

Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2021

Hi @Jialing Xie,

I'm not aware of any plans to allow archived cards to be displayed in a list on a board. Archived cards are meant to represent information that you no longer need to see on the board but might want to bring back to the board later through the 'unarchive' option.

Can you tell me a little more about your use case? With that, I can take it back to the product team for consideration!

Thanks so much!

Jialing Xie August 31, 2021

hi @Blair at Atlassian ! thanks for getting back to me here. understood archived cards are usually items that are no longer a priority for a given project but for my use case (sales/account mgmt) where i use list to organize tasks / milestones completed for my client, it would be helpful to have a wholistic view of the past milestones accomplished when needed.

from what I experienced so far, the archived cards can be reviewed as a list of items and do not visually displayed in each original list they were generated from and this view does not help develop the comprehensive understanding of the account status for my use case. 

ideally i'd love to see a function that allows me to "expand" or "hide" archived items in their original list.

hope this is helpful. thank you!

Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2021

Got it! I'll definitely share this with the team!

I realize this isn't exactly matching your description of what you'd like to see (and this won't really help with the actual Calendar View), but just in case it helps you or someone else who reads this later:

One option that we recommend is to create a new board that acts as an "archive", and then move cards to that board instead of archiving them. With that, you can add a link to the original card on the new card so that you can refer back to it easily. When you attach a link to a Trello card on another card, it will display a preview of that card and will show which board and list it belongs to:

file-y6Yq5QYOMr

You can also click on the "Connect cards" link to make it a 2-way link so that both cards link to each other. This doesn't sync any content automatically, though, so it's really a way to show relationships between cards, and make it easy to get from one to the other.
0 votes
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
December 14, 2018

Hi Samantha,

Currently, when a card is archived, there's not a way to surface it in the calendar. On the flip side, there's not a way to keep a card unarchived and "hide" it from view on the board.

Archived cards from a board can be viewed viewed together in the Archive section of the board Menu. On the board, click Menu > Archived Items to view the archived cards.

Hope this helps!

Blair from Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events