Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to increase a custom label /vote when comment matches a regex?

Utkarsh Gupta August 2, 2023

I am trying to use the REST API to allow someone to vote on cards. However the customers may not have a Trello ID. Hence I am trying to allow them to comment something like"vote +1". Is there a way I can automate this and increase the votes when they comment?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2023

Hi @Utkarsh Gupta 

I think the issue here is the fact that these votes are coming in from those who aren't trello members. 

Okay, so if someone records a vote by sending a message, email or completing a webform, it will go to Trello and need to be registered as a vote by a Trello member.  The voting functionality in Trello will only allow single vote registrations per member so you couldn't have a member who is creating pseudo votes...

One option is instead of using voting, use a numeric custom field

when you match phrases like '+1', 'yes' 'me' for example, you can use automation to increment a numeric custom field called "Votes"  

Utkarsh Gupta August 2, 2023

"when you match phrases like '+1', 'yes' 'me' for example, you can use automation to increment a numeric custom field called "Votes" "

Thank you for answering this @Dreamsuite Mike , how can I do this. Via automation and custom fields?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2023

First of all, create a custom numeric field called Votes

The next bit depends on where you are putting the match string in Trello.  Say you parse it through the API and it ends up being put in comments, you could have an automation:

when a comment containing "regex:/+1|,yes|me/i" is posted to a card, increase the number in custom field "Votes" by 1

Utkarsh Gupta August 3, 2023

Thank you @Dreamsuite Mike 

Like Dreamsuite Mike likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events