Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to find edit history on a card?

We have cards for a lot of tasks that we use at our company. One of our cards somehow was edited or otherwise changed to have the information that is an exact duplicate of another card. Is there any way to retrieve the data that was overwritten on the card? I can tell it's the correct card because the comment history supports it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Waite Atlassian Team Nov 30, 2021

Hi @Blane Bossung - have you pressed 'Show details' under the Activity heading of your card? It won't show all edit details but it'll show actions such as where the card was moved to and who did it, etc. 

@Alex Waite Thank you for the quick response! I did. The card wasn't moved, someone just edited the entirety of the text. The most recent action showed under the details is someone adding a photo in May. I had accessed this card last week and it was as it should be so the change is more recent than May. Basically I was wondering if Trello offered a service similar to Google Docs' Edit History.

If this isn't offered, we'll just have to accept defeat and rebuild it from scratch.

Alex Waite Atlassian Team Dec 01, 2021

@Blane Bossung - I'm probably more enclined to tell you to rebuild it unfortunately, our Activity logs don't detail description/title changes. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

A Trello template to help you clean up your Confluence Space

Calling all Trello + Confluence users! We're celebrating all things Work and Wellness in our Confluence collection, where our team has been sharing activities to create more mindfulness around the ...

956 views 4 13
Read article

Atlassian Community Events