Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to find edit history on a card?

Blane Bossung November 30, 2021

We have cards for a lot of tasks that we use at our company. One of our cards somehow was edited or otherwise changed to have the information that is an exact duplicate of another card. Is there any way to retrieve the data that was overwritten on the card? I can tell it's the correct card because the comment history supports it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Blane Bossung - have you pressed 'Show details' under the Activity heading of your card? It won't show all edit details but it'll show actions such as where the card was moved to and who did it, etc. 

Blane Bossung December 1, 2021

@Alex Waite Thank you for the quick response! I did. The card wasn't moved, someone just edited the entirety of the text. The most recent action showed under the details is someone adding a photo in May. I had accessed this card last week and it was as it should be so the change is more recent than May. Basically I was wondering if Trello offered a service similar to Google Docs' Edit History.

If this isn't offered, we'll just have to accept defeat and rebuild it from scratch.

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2021

@Blane Bossung - I'm probably more enclined to tell you to rebuild it unfortunately, our Activity logs don't detail description/title changes. 

Tracy Drew
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 5, 2023

Alex is this feature on your roadmap? We definitely need version history for audits on who edited content

printyourmindllc
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2024

Hello @Alex Waite I wanted to chime in here and ask the same as @Tracy Drew .  I created a template and it was edited in error instead of copied to create a new card.   I would like to get the original template back to what it was since it is an instruction for another how to create the cards and the information needed.

Thanks in advanced and looking for the answer @Tracy Drew asked in their last message in December.

Cattail Life
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 5, 2024

NOOOOO!!! I'm in the same position as @printyourmindllc and am SUPER bummed there's not either a way to view all action/edit history so we can rebuild or a way to revert to previous version. Are neither of these an option at all - any magical workarounds???

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events