Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to filter activity by user tagged in a comment?

Gemma Tregunna May 9, 2023

Hi all, I am wanting to find all the comments I have been tagged in across a trello board but can't seem to filter out all activity. Is there a way of doing this yet or is the only option to look through all the recent activity and try to find my name? Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Gemma Tregunna you could do this by automation

when a comment containing "@mike" is posted to a card, find a card titled "Mike Mentions", and add item "{triggercardlink}" to checklist "Mentions"

You will have to create the card that I have called "Mike Mentions" on your board, call it whatever you want

Replace mike with your username

Replace the card title and checklist name to ones of your choice

Thanks for this Mike - so useful! For some reason, I am not having any luck in running this rule. I have set up as below and tried a few different variations too. There are no obvious errors when I check the automation log:

when a comment containing "@gemma" is posted to a card by anyone, find a card titled "Gemma Mentions", and add item "{triggercardlink}" to checklist "Mentions"

Would you have any suggestions?

Hi Mike, not to worry - think I have fixed this! 

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Make sure you have created a blank checklist called Mentions in the Gemma Mentions card.

also make sure the @[deleted] part is your exact Trello username, which you can see by hovering over your member icon like below:

Screenshot 2023-05-09 162342.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events