Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to expand cards to show their description?

Dean Gibson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 3, 2018

I use Trello for my University projects and I wanted to know if it was possible to expand cards to show their description.

It would be useful for me if I could see the description without clicking on each card. I often take screenshots of my boards to include in my coursework and having the description displayed would allow me to better show the progression of the board over time.

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Teddy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2018

Hi Dean!

There is not currently a way to expand the description without opening up the card back.

I'd be glad to let our team know about your interest in this change though!

Bang Xiang Yong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 2, 2019

I'm looking for this expand function as well, so that I can view all of the descriptions at once..

Just looking at the header of the card doesn't give me enough information.

Like # people like this
Steuben Press
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 6, 2019

Please implement this feature! The title doesn't show enough information at a glance.

Like # people like this
AnLe90
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 21, 2020

Yeah i second that. Also this  was asked in september 2018, did this ever get addressed?

Manel Orovio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 14, 2021

Please implement this option. Without it, I will not use Trello. Otherwise, it is fantastic.

Mihael Kukec
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 31, 2021

Agree! This would be great to have! So that you are able to see immediately content and not to have to open it.

Connor Fowler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 23, 2024

My organisation's users would also benefit greatly from this feature. Adding a request to the list in hopes that the priority is increased internally at Atlassian.

2 votes
Katie Manchester
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 6, 2023

Still waiting for this sadly

cogianuandreea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 19, 2023

Still waiting too.

1 vote
Jesse Fuller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 7, 2023

100% agreed. Sometimes the title isn't enough or you need to compare the descriptions of two cards. A simple plus icon or a little expand carrot somewhere would be great.

1 vote
Andrew Buensalida
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 10, 2022

I second the motion

1 vote
caguayo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 12, 2020

This seems like a huge win for very little effort, please do find a way to implement this  much-needed feature!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events