Is there a way to display a single list in its own browser window?

ScottG December 23, 2019

Our worship team is using Trello to plan and organize the elements of our church services. We are displaying the finalized list for any given Sunday on a Surface tablet mounted in landscape orientation on the lectern. In additional to displaying the Trello board, we are using part of the Surface screen to show the presenter a browser window of what is being projected on the screen behind them during the service. So the Trello window is essentially a vertical browser window placed on the left side of the screen, and the display of the projected material is a horizontal window taking up the rest of the tablet.

In the Trello browser window in Chrome, I'm using the extension Trellists: Trello Lists Master, to hide all but the list for a particular service.

What I'm looking for is a way to not have any of the Trello website elements; the site header, menus, butler button, team member icons, etc., on the screen so there will be more screen space available to show just the list of cards for the service.  With the Chrome window scaled the way we are using it, all of the Trello.com website elements end up stacked and are taking up a LOT of space at the top of the screen above the cards. All we need to see is the one list of cards and be able to scroll down through the list.

Does anyone know if there is a way to open a new browser window or tab with just the one list?

If not, does anyone have a way to turn off the display of the Trello.com website header and all of the other elements during a browser session, leaving just the desired list & cards?

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2019

Hey Scott,

I understand what you're looking to do here, but right now disabling all those elements won't be possible. I'll let our team know about your interest in that, but I can't make any guarantees that we'd introduce a feature like that in the short term.

ScottG December 26, 2019

Garrett:
Thanks for the quick response.  I was looking again at the display code created by the website and thinking that inserting an open new window (without navigation) as a wrapper for the current div class="list js-list-content" might work for what we want to do.  It could work as a new tab, or as a pop-up window. We don't need more than the ability to scroll the single list and its cards and then close that new window when we're done with the service.

-Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events