Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to disable the delete card functionality for users?

I would like to use Trello to manage a process that requires multiple people to have access to the board, but I would like to restrict delete rights to just the Admins.  Can this be done?

12 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Bill,

I don't think you have the granularity with Trello to remove the delete card permission from a normal user. Would it be acceptable to have admins and observers (where observers are members with read-only access to a board)? Have you thought of using JIRA? ;-)

Hi Carlos,

What is the official line from Trello developers? it seems there is a real demand for control over who can delete cards. Will this be a feature in the near future?

Michael

Agree here - with multi board guest or just team members allowing them to delete a card is a lot of risk to any workspace.

There should be a setting to allow only board admins to delete a card.

How is Jira going to help? I'd like to know 

I would love to have the capability of managing permissions in that way. I really need to restrict delete rights to Admins. I Hope Trello would have this as soon as possible.

I also look for to disable option to delete card for some users but as far as I see there is no chance to do that.

I'd be very interested in this feature, as well!

please create this, it's absolutely essential

Just introduced Trello to my new team, gave them all assignments and created a Label for each of them.  Told them when they finished to delete their label from the card so I'd know they were done.  First one to complete deleted her Checklist.  :-(  Not just messing up the card, but the card was a TEMPLATE!  I had hoped to leave the template card visible so I could easily copy cards or edit, but thinking now I am going to have to Archive it so others don't go in and mess with it.  Crazy that a program meant for collaboration doesn't have a no-delete setting!!!

Hello my company is exploring Trello as project management tool for a cross-functional team.  I would like to echo the need for a solution that restricts the permission of the delete function to an Admin type of user.   Are there any updates as to when and if this feature will be added?  

Thanks,

Alexandra

Feels like this feature is way too long overdue! Currently looking for an alternative ticket system due to not being able to easily track if someone is deleting cards.

I need this as well. Might have to switch away from Trello if not available.

This feature seems so obvious that it must be an oversight.

0 votes

Need this option.

Hi Team, this is a critical requirement for a Trello board solution we are devising to manage an important aspect of our business.  We need to be able to restrict permission for the deletion of Cards etc to a limited number of Admin user. 

Are there definite plans to enable this type of functionality ?

Will someone form Trello support be responding to this request ??  I see many folks requesting the same thing but don't see any responses or movement ?

Thanks,Jimmy

I would expected it is already taken into consideration before and added this feature before.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend...

517 views 19 20
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you