Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to copy only the unchecked items from a checklist to another?

Ayo Akinola December 31, 2020

Hey guys! I have a checklist on a card that contains all of the items needed for my house to function. Let's call this 'Checklist A'. On another card, I want to copy only the unchecked items from Checklist A to a new checklist - 'Checklist B'. Is there a way this can be done, preferably with a butler button?

For further context, the purpose of this is so that I can use 'List A' as my overall inventory list, which contains everything that is needed for my house to function. So when an item is running low, or not in my house, I can uncheck it in checklist A. Checklist B is inside a card that is created at the end of every week. I've got a butler button that copies checklist A to B, but I want it to only copy the items I don't have by the end of the week. List A has over 200 items that run-out sporadically from week to week whilst the shopping I do is weekly. So it's quite troublesome having to duplicate a checklist of 200 items when one week I may only need 30 items to purchase from my inventory (checklist A) and then another week I may need the full 180.

Any suggestions are helpful!

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020

Hi @Ayo Akinola ,

Welcome to the community! We are glad you are here!

You have to move/copy the whole checklist! and you can use automation using Butler!

https://help.trello.com/article/1198-an-intro-to-butle

https://blog.trello.com/five-easy-butler-rules

Ayo Akinola January 16, 2021

Hey Soumyadeep

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, when you move/copy a checklist it copies the entire list regardless of if items are checked or unchecked. I only want it to copy the unchecked items in a list.

I'm starting to concede to this not being possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events