It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to change order of colors

I use trello to organise what levels I need to create for a game.
Issue is the game orders color by green, blue, orange, red, purple, but trello moves blue after red.
Is there no way to change color order of appearence

Green, Blue, Orange, Red, Purple
Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 10.08.51 AM.png

Green, Orange, Red, Blue, Purple

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 10.10.47 AM.png

3 answers

There should be a way to be able to change the order of colors and have the shortcuts change respectively. I'm surprised such a simple thing is not a feature.

i agree! somethings we use colours just to make a difference, but not in semaphore order.

I also would like to drag and drop my own order for the kanban, even more if you are using many labels multi-proposit and want to ordered properly by category and not by colours

Like Matt Soares likes this

Hi Sinnoh

No, there's not a way to change the order of labels. Mostly because the labels are all assigned a shortcut key

KeyLabel Color

1Green
2Yellow
3Orange
4Red
5Purple
6Blue
7Sky
8Lime
9Pink
0Black

It is really unexpected to essentially have labels assigned to colors rather than colors assigned to labels.

I would like to associate red with 1 as in "#1 priority". Instead, "1" is always green.

Odd.

Like # people like this
0 votes

It seems to me the functionality of labels is to assign meanings. IMHO, having a keyboard shortcut is very much secondary to this primary functionality. Also, the order is important. I want the "#1" label to always be the first label on a card, etc.

Use case: PRIORITIES:  1) Red="Critical", 2) Orange="Important", 3) Blue="Perhaps"

ACTIVITIES:  4) Orange="Strategy", 5) Green="Tools", Purple="Learning"

Therefore, on my cards I ALWAYS want to see the priority first, then the activity.

I am using this Trello board as a dashboard of checklists for day/options/futures trading. Given the enormous complexity and the copious amounts of time-critical data to be parsed, reducing the amount of cognitive demand is key. Color and (ordinal) position are key elements in this endeavor, as the brain devotes a major portion of resources to the visual cortex.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,627 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you