Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to automatically record that I converted a checklist item to a card within a list?

Andrea F November 24, 2021

I love checklists!  I use them as my to-do list within a list and then I go through them and convert each item into a card. That erases the item from the check list and leaves no record that it ever existed.  Is there a way to automatically record that it was there, as a way to leave a trail?  

Right now, I am manually creating a separate card and simply checking off the item on the checklist, but that's so many steps! And I don't get to use the "convert to card" feature on the checklist.

I hope you have a method.  Thanks for any help!

And if you are in the US, enjoy your long weekend!

2 answers

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2021

Hi @Andrea F 👋

Welcome to the Community! My mind thought of the Power Up Card Repeater after reading your question, I'm not sure it offers exactly what you're looking for but I wonder if it may help with certain aspects of the problem. 

It helps to automate the creation of Trello cards for repeated tasks. Simply set the schedule on a card and Trello will automatically make an exact copy of that card at the given date and time. This makes it easy to establish a process for weekly to-dos, retrospectives, etc.

• Schedule cards to repeat on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.
  • Cards will be copied to a specified list automatically.
  • Build a process into your workflow.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Andrea F November 28, 2021

Thanks, @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ 

I was not familiar with this power up, and it is not exactly what I am looking for, but it sounds like it WILL help with other tasks I repeat in my checklist- I will just make them a separate card.  

I haven't been able to do the research on cascading as @milynnus described in his initial reply, because I have to check in out on my computer at work, but I am hopeful!

Thanks to you both!

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2021

@Andrea F 

Use a cascade action to iterate through the checklist items to create cards. That will leave the item in tact and a new card created from it. Try it. 

Andrea F November 24, 2021

I am not familiar with cascade actions and haven’t had success finding more info from my phone so may have to wait to get back to my computer at work on Monday (it’s Thanksgiving weekend in the US).  Thanks for the suggestion!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events