Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to automatically copy any attachment to a designated card?

Lauren Johnson June 14, 2020

We are looking to manage our attachments in Trello. The request is to be able to easily access all attachments added to the board. We use Box (not Google Drive). Is there a way to automatically copy an attachment added to any card to a designated "attachment" card? From my research, it doesn't look like there's an easy way to download all attachments from a board. 

2 answers

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2020

I do this with Wayscript and py-Trello to insert attachments from cards to target cards based on custom fields. So it does require some programming to extract the attachments. Insert attachment to a new card however has it in Wayscript Trello module. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

This is a sample test code in using py-trello for a current prospect. Idea is to list attachments to a client to review and approve. 

pa_attachments_urls = ''
pa_attachment_list = []
for x in trello_card.get_attachments():
new_url = pa_attachments_urls + '<a href={}>{}</a><br><br>' .format(x.url, x.name)
pa_attachment_list.append('<a href={}>{}</a>' .format(x.url, x.name))
pa_attachments_urls = new_url

in another project, using the same py-trello library to add an attachment to a card that respects a restaurant : 

added_card.attach(url=my_board.url, name = 'Menu')

Used with Wayscript with its Trello and Trello trigger you can automate most things. Monitor card movement events across list represent work progression is a common use case.

Like Iain Dooley likes this
0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

@Lauren Johnson this function does it for Drive:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/b500f5a367480fb258464f259df61eeb

however I did do an implementation of this for someone recently that did the same thing but for Dropbox. Wouldn't be too hard to adapt that for the Box API (I assume). That function centralises all card attachments into a single folder for easy download you could also do it so all files on a board were put into a single folder rather than having a folder for each card.

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events