Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to automate sequential date/day of week entry on cards

Rob McE July 29, 2022

I'm new to Trello.  I used this template for a daily journal

https://trello.com/templates/productivity/2020-online-bullet-journal---bujo-zL8W3v5V.

This template started with a board for week 1, Jan 1.  Mine started Wed July 27, the 30th week of the year.

Boards are weeks of the year. On each weekly Board, there are 7 daily Cards, I couldn't figure out how to automatically show the date and day of the week sequentially in the card labels . So, I entered them manually but I'm wondering if there is a way to automate that process.

If so, I'll use for my next set of 4 boards (weeks of the year - from week 34 or 35 forward.)

Is there a way to automate sequential date/day of week entry?  Thx for your attention.

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

@Rob McE welcome to the community! You'll probably want to use Automation to build this out and use the {date} variable for the card names. Also, are you making a new board every week? That example shows each week is a list, not it's own board, which is probably how i would recommend setting up.

Perhaps, maybe you create a board button that "sets up the week", and your actions would be a series of 

- Create list "{weeknumber}"

- Create card named {date} in {weeknumber}

- Create card named {date+1d} in {weeknumber}

(etc)

And it could create something like this

image.png 

Here's what my rule looks like

image.png

Let me know if that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders