Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to automate dated lists to created every week automatically?

Faiza Khan January 31, 2021

I want to create weekly dated lists for my daily planner. Is there a way to automate it?

I am using this template

https://trello.com/templates/productivity/daily-task-management-GT0TOUyX?hsCtaTracking=fb09011d-d6df-4728-972c-c82f2aef7e80%7C08df4adb-4eac-472a-b6fd-42902c1863f2

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

@Faiza Khan yep you could do the following with Butler:

2021-02-02 at 12.40 am.png

Ankiah Kirkhoff March 22, 2021

@Iain Dooley I created the command and clicked on run now, but it only created one list with todays date on it. I want it to create the entire months days in the following format - Monday, 22 March 2021 - on the last day of each month or the entire weeks days every Sunday night, not just the one list with just todays date? How can I do that?

@Iain Dooley Also, then how do I set it to delete all the previous lists so the board doesn't get too cluttered when all the new dates are added? And then move any cards left in those lists back to the Backlog list?

@Iain Dooley Then how do I set everything in the Daily Tasks list to copy to the To Do Today list on a daily basis?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

@Ankiah Kirkhoff rather than creating the entire month's lists on the first, you could create the next day's list each day, and move the previous day's to an archive board for example (so you end up with a "rolling month"), or remove the previous day's list and move the cards, as you say, into today's.  Check out the due date and calendar rules sections.

Ankiah Kirkhoff March 23, 2021

@Iain Dooley The entire month isn't really necessary but I do need at least the entire week as I need to be able to move tasks to separate days and be able to plan the entire week. 

Like ED Admin Coordinator likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2021

@Ankiah Kirkhoff If you're planning things using dates, why not just set due dates and then use the calendar or timeline view?

Ankiah Kirkhoff March 23, 2021

@Iain Dooley To be honest, I don't really know how to do that?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2021
Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 24, 2021

Hello @Ankiah Kirkhoff 

I believe that the BigPicture Power-Up for Trello might be very useful for your case. Even though it will not allow you to automate the process of list creation, its timeline view and the structure of the tasks should meet your needs, when it comes to task planning. Please kindly take a look at the screenshot below:

bigpicture_trello.png

ED Admin Coordinator August 19, 2022

This is something that would be beneficial to our organization as well.  Setting due dates for every card within a list isn't what my supervisor wants.  She wants cards created weekly for each day of the week - and honestly there is no reason such a simple task can't be automated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events