Is there a way to attach a file to a checklist item on a Trello card?

Dianna Steinbach June 24, 2018

I am finding that, often, when I am creating a checklist in a Trello card that I would like to attach a document or link that could help in handling that task. But so far, I don't think I can do that. I can only turn the task into a card, but then it isn't a subset of the step I made the original card for. 

TIA for tips or advice.

4 answers

0 votes
catherine_weitzenkorn March 9, 2021

GitKraken has this feature. Not cool that Trello does not in 2021

0 votes
Jan Mense October 27, 2019

Hey, we are creating Cards to track bugs and it wozld be really nice if we could add an image to a checklist item .. does anyboy know a power up or easy workaround?

thanks, Jan

Kelly Fore Dixon April 7, 2021

Hi Jan,

Did you receive an answer to your question? I would also like to add a photo to a checklist (not in the upper portion of the list). Thanks for any info!

Like # people like this
Kelly Fore Dixon July 10, 2022

I don't think it's possible.

0 votes
Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2018

Hi @Dianna Steinbach 👋

Just to follow-up on and add more detail to @wang_wzx's answer, you can use Markdown to link your checklist items to web pages. The format would look something like this:

[My dog Sally](URL of the page)

For documents, I'd upload the file to something like Dropbox or Google Drive, and then use the same syntax above while inserting the direct link to the file within the parentheses. 

You can give it a try and let us know if it works for you. :)

Dianna Steinbach June 26, 2018

Thanks. Will try and let you know. 

Della Devia January 3, 2023

it works, thank you!

0 votes
wang_wzx June 26, 2018

First of all , you can attach a document or link, then creat a checklist , and add an `Markdown` format item linking to the attachment you’ve uploaded .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events