Is there a way to add due dates to Checklist Items?

I have checklist items on a card that i want to have separate due dates for. Is there anyway to do this? For Example, I have a List Item for Schematic Design. Under that I have a Card for a particular Task. On the Card I have Checklist Items for that Task. I would like to have due dates for each Checklist Item.

Is there a way to do this?

If not can we get this available in an update?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

2 votes
anuraj ms I'm New Here Sep 11, 2018

iam interested in this option too. is there any chance this might appear on trello in 2018.

thank you

Hi Mark,

Marta here, from Trello Support.

This is a request that we do hear frequently, and it's something we're currently evaluating. I, unfortunately, can't make any promises about when, or if, we'll be able to add this feature, but I'll add your voice to our tracking of the request, and make sure the team knows it's something that would be valuable for you.

If you're curious about how our team decides on what requests we work on, this article gives some insight into that process: http://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

To see what features our devs are currently working on, check out our dev board at: http://www.trello.com/dev

Cheers,

Marta

Hi There ! What is the latest on this ? It seems to be a highly desirable enhancement, but have not seen any action on it for a long time.

Ditto. I find myself using Microsoft (*gasp!*) To-Do increasingly because I can create lists, then tasks under each list. These tasks can have due dates, reminders and importance. I'm really only using Trello now because my team still uses it for some collaboration. And if MS ever connects To-Do with Planner, we'll probably switch.

I'd love to stick with Trello but not having due dates on checklists is kind of a deal killer for my preferred project management methods.

With as many Power-Ups and plugins as Trello has, it's odd to me someone somewhere hasn't figured out how to add due dates to checklist items. It's been a year since this was posted...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Jan 18, 2018 in Trello

How two Biomed teachers use Trello to execute on Project Lead The Way

This is the first of many Showcases highlighting incredible Atlassian users in Education! And Michael Burke and Josh Clemmer are setting the Showcase bar high. The pair of Biome...

47,430 views 0 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you