Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to OR items in a "card name contains" butler rule?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2022

I want to apply a rule to cards that contain any of one list of things in the card (for example, apply the purple label if it contains eggs OR milk). is there a way to say that in a single butler rule? Or do i need to create a rule for each item? I tried with a comma but that didn't work - i assume it's looking at only a string within here, so that's the equivalent or saying "eggs,milk" rather than "eggs","milk"

SCR-20220128-h7b.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2022

@Brittany Joiner 

This has worked for me

when a card with a name containing "regex:/.*(Prof|Course).*/" is moved into list "Course", post comment "Card name contains {wildcard1}"

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2022

Yes this work!! Thanks @milynnus !!

Megan Schaap
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 3, 2022

Sorry, this is something I need to figure out how to do as well. I'm a bit confused by this answer, can someone explain to me how you were able to get this to work? 

Megan Schaap
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2022

Nevermind, I had to look more into what regex meant, I understand it now. Thank you @milynnus !!

Gabrielle Carreon July 17, 2023

Hi guys! Would really appreciate a step by step!! :D Still couldn't make it work. Please help xx

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2023

@Gabrielle Carreon can you share an example of what you're trying to do and the board? I might be able to create the regex for you

Hi Brittany! Thanks so much for replying!! This is what I'm trying to do:

I want that when a card contains lot of texts/names that I applied, it will go into a specific Card.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2023

@Gabrielle Carreon you mean like it will be attached to a specific card? 

So something like "if a card contains text with "eggs, milk, or cheese", then find the Dairy card and attach a link with the original card"?

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 11.23.03 PM.png

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2023

@Gabrielle Carreon ah i see, sorry didn't see that screenshot before. 

So i think what you need to do then is... 

regex:/.*(Gabi|Carreon|Gabgab|Gabo).*/

Paste that into the field where you currently have {Gabi}, {Carreon}...

Should look like this

image.png

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 17, 2023

Let me know if that works! I just tried it on a board of mine and it did, so should work for you too, but let me know if it doesn't!

Hi Brittany! It worked! You're my saviorr, thank you! :)

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2023

Yay @Gabrielle Carreon ! Glad i could help! Let me know if you need anything else!

0 votes

Hi Brittany! Thanks so much for replying!! This is what I'm trying to do:

I want that when a card contains lot of texts/names that I applied, it will go into a specific Card. I was able to do it but with a single text/Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 11.23.03 PM.pngname only. 

-

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events