It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way Trello comment @ notifications can trigger slack @ mentions/notifications in slack?

I have the great trello/slack integration setup with a channel and board linked and the trello slack powerup enabled with all notifications checked 'on'.

If a user @ mentions another user on a trello card, we get the expected notification in Trello and the comment is pushed to the slack channel. It does not (I believe), however, trigger an actual '@ mention' in slack or a corresponding @ mention based slack notification.

We don't (currently) use business class. We use google accounts for slack and trello sign in, fwiw.

I'm just curious if I'm missing something, or if there is no way for the trello and slack @ mentions to 'sync up'. Thanks for any info/thoughts.

Thanks,

Brady

1 answer

1 vote
Teddy Atlassian Team Jun 15, 2018

Hi Brady!

You are correct, there is not currently a way to cause Trello @ mentions to also trigger those in Slack. The intention of the Slack Power-Up is more to bring overall board information to all of your Slack users, instead of specific notifications to specific users.

I'll definitely let our team know that this is something you would be interested in seeing!

Thanks. Hardly 'crucial', but I think would be a nice option. Keep up the good work.

Like # people like this

What about a slack mention when someone mentions in JIRA?

@Brady Meisenhelder . Is the Trello comment @ notifications trigger slack @ mentions released or is it still under development ? 

Like Goran Šijaković likes this

Should a comment on a trello board generate a comment in the slack channel at all? 

We urgently need this option! If you have 40+ people as we do, it's impossible to track where have you been mentioned just on Trello. Alerting those mentions in direct message on Slack would be priceless! Please do smth!

Like alejandro bernardin likes this

+1 for this. 

Seriously. If I @mention a team member to review a card - It would be great to have a trigger so that person I @mentioned gets a slack notification. Someone people only need to jump into trello when mentioned. So a way to filter out the noise and allow them to access what they need and when would be a huge way to streamline production.

Like Mathias Buschor likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,492 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you