• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a shortcut for copying a card's link?

That's the whole question: just hoping there is a keyboard shortcut for copying a card's link. 

I checked out the "shortcuts" menu, accessible through `?` but didn't see anything. 

I use this feature all the time, and find it really helpful for navigating / linking related tasks, so am really hoping this is possible!

Thanks in advance for your time & help!

All the best,

RA

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 09, 2020

@rax adaam you can hover over a card and then do "ctrl-c" to copy the card's link, then hover over another card and "ctrl-v" to paste (or cmd if you're on a mac).

What you described here will attach a card to the card you're hovering over; however, it also works if you want to create an actual link (i.e. hyperlinked text), inside the card, which is awesome!

Instead of posting a separate answer, I'll just mark this one as correct, but for completeness:

once you've copied the link, to create a link within the other card's content, use the

[link text](paste copied link here)

markdown. 

Thanks a ton @Iain Dooley for the quick reply: this is going to be a huge time saver!

Like Dave Liao likes this

@Iain Dooley - never realized so many shortcuts worked on-hover! The more you know...

FYI for anyone following this thread, the keyboard shortcut reference (press SHIFT-? while on a board) is way more useful than the "keyboard shortcuts" help doc.

Like Iain Dooley likes this
0 votes
Dave Liao Community Leader Sep 09, 2020

@rax adaam - that would be nifty, right?

I instinctively press ALT-D, then CTRL-C all the time when I need to copy a card link. 😂

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

846 views 14 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you