Is there a shortcut for copying a card's link?

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2020

That's the whole question: just hoping there is a keyboard shortcut for copying a card's link. 

I checked out the "shortcuts" menu, accessible through `?` but didn't see anything. 

I use this feature all the time, and find it really helpful for navigating / linking related tasks, so am really hoping this is possible!

Thanks in advance for your time & help!

All the best,

RA

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2020

@rax adaam you can hover over a card and then do "ctrl-c" to copy the card's link, then hover over another card and "ctrl-v" to paste (or cmd if you're on a mac).

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2020

What you described here will attach a card to the card you're hovering over; however, it also works if you want to create an actual link (i.e. hyperlinked text), inside the card, which is awesome!

Instead of posting a separate answer, I'll just mark this one as correct, but for completeness:

once you've copied the link, to create a link within the other card's content, use the

[link text](paste copied link here)

markdown. 

Thanks a ton @Iain Dooley for the quick reply: this is going to be a huge time saver!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2020

@Iain Dooley - never realized so many shortcuts worked on-hover! The more you know...

FYI for anyone following this thread, the keyboard shortcut reference (press SHIFT-? while on a board) is way more useful than the "keyboard shortcuts" help doc.

Like Iain Dooley likes this
0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2020

@rax adaam - that would be nifty, right?

I instinctively press ALT-D, then CTRL-C all the time when I need to copy a card link. 😂

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events