Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a guide out there for personal productivity?

Julio Vera de León November 7, 2022

Hi there!

I’m just starting to use Trello and I want to learn how to use it to boost my personal productivity. Is there a guide? Most of the content I see is directed toward teams. 

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

@Julio Vera de León heya! There's a LOT of guides out there. I personally create quite a bit of content around using Trello for personal productivity - on my YouTube channel, and also i have a weekly newsletter! So you could say I'm obsessed with it 😂

Here are some of my best getting started pieces if you're looking for some specific pieces: 

Let me know if you enjoy those and any specific use cases you're looking for, and I can share more! I also try to include unique use cases in my newsletter each week so people get more ideas.

Hi, thank you! You have really great content. I subscribed to you your newsletter. I enjoyed those videos, they helped me. 

My specific su case is to use Trello to manage all the things I have to do in my life (weekly plan), and then time block using another app to plan my day according to the tasks in Trello. I use it like this because I’m a fan of Cal Newport!  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2022

There are many ways you could improve personal productivity using Trello.

A personal tried-and-tested and favourite time-management & productivity system/framework of mine is GTD (short for Getting Things Done).

It’s built on five pillars:

1. Capture
  2. Clarify
  3. Organize
  4. Reflect
  5. Engage

You can apply the GTD framework using Trello.

Here’s a blog that might be of interest: The GTD Approach to Maximizing Productivity with Trello

There’s also a Trello template that is configured to utilize the GTD methodology. Feel free to tailor it to suit your needs.

If this is something you’re interested to further dig deeper, then check out this guide that goes in-depth and shows you how you can use Trello with your GTD workflow.

Here’s another blog that discusses 6 ways to use Trello for effective self-management.

Hope this gives you a good starting point!

Best,

Hamza

Those are really helpful posts! I’ll definitely check them out. 

Like Hamza Chundrigar likes this
2 votes
Betty Messina November 7, 2022

Hi Julio,

I use it for work, but Trello can also be used for personal use and improving productivity.
https://trello.com/en/teams/personal-productivity

Hope this helps!

-Betty

Thank you. I’ll read the blog posts attached and watch the webinar. 

1 vote
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 11, 2022

This is the best thing I've read on personal productivity recently https://www.amazon.co.uk/Four-Thousand-Weeks-Time-How/dp/1847924018

Julio Vera de León November 11, 2022

I didn't know about that book, thanks for suggesting. I added it to my reading list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events