Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a {foundcard.......member.....} variable to retrieve the member from a looked-up card

Xavier Lecomte March 5, 2020

Hello,

I am trying to do a custom-field based logic that would determine the Members to be assigned to the trigger card. I was contemplating to use the Look-up feature but did not find the variable syntax that would retrieve the looked-up card members. Does it exist ? 

I have tried the following : 

when a card is moved into list "Submitted : MD", lookup a card titled "{{%Dpt}}" in list "Owners" on board "Hiring Lookups", and add member @{foundcardcardfirstmemberusernames} to the card

But received the following message : 

Thursday, March 5, 2020 11:54 AM

Running command on board Approve an Hiring Position.

I couldn't find that member in this board.

The command finished running.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2020

Hi,

Replace 

@{foundcardcardfirstmemberusernames}

By

{foundcardfirstmemberusername}
Xavier Lecomte March 6, 2020

Thank you. Unfortunately it does not work 

Does it work for you ? 

Friday, March 6, 2020 12:28 PM

The command has been modified from:

when a card is moved into list "Submitted : MD", lookup a card titled "{{%Dpt}}" in list "Owners" on board "Hiring Lookups", and add member @{foundcardcardfirstmemberusernames} to the card

to:

when a card is moved into list "Submitted : MD", lookup a card titled "{{%Dpt}}" in list "Owners" on board "Hiring Lookups", and add member @{foundcardfirstmemberusername} to the card

Friday, March 6, 2020 12:28 PM

Running command on board Approve an Hiring Position.

I couldn't find that member in this board.

The command finished running.

Xavier Lecomte March 6, 2020

Note I cannot remove the '@'

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2020

You are right. this variable doesn't work with any prefix. 

An alternativ is to create 2 rules and 1 custom field "member". 

when a card is moved into list "Submitted : MD", find a card titled "{{%Dpt}}" in list "Owners" on board "Hiring Lookups", link the cards together, and set custom field "member" to "{cardfirstmemberusername}"
when custom field "member" is set, find the first card linked in the attachments, and add member @{customfieldvalue} to the card

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events