Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a direct link to Archived cards list?

Stephen Andrews August 27, 2021

If a member of the team accidentally archives a card I have to direct them to -

• Look on the Left for "Show Menu" 
    • Now you might have to click on "<" to navigate out of what you previously selected.
  • Click on "More"
  • Click on Archived Items

Is there a direct link that would open this sidebar to the correct panel?

Would be handy to create a card that links directly to Archived Cards list

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

No, I don't think so, but you could create a saved search. It would look something like "is:archived board:"Your Board Name". All you would need to do is type "/" to bring up the search, and you'll be able to click on the saved search. Alternatively, you can bookmark the unique URL which would look something like https://trello.com/search?q=is%3Aarchived%20board%3A%22You%20Board%20Name%20Here%22

Stephen Andrews August 28, 2021

Thanks!

That's almost there - and has reminded me about the Search operators so given me all sorts of ideas for uses!

But that Search view doesn't have the nice "Send [back] to board" option nicely below it. 

I was hoping for a real no-brainer "Lost a card? Click Here" link where someone who maybe uses Trello once a week or less could get a card back with one click and an obvious "Send to Board" option staring them right in the face.
With the Search I'd be back to explaining steps. That they have to... - now open the card -scroll down, -look on the right for "Send to Board"

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2021

Got it - I don't think there's a solution for that just yet, but agree that there are probably too many clicks to get to that area! Might be worth reaching out to Trello directly with a feature request and explaining the impact. Maybe a good solution could be keyboard shortcuts to open the archive cards section, so similar to how if you type "F" it takes you direct to the board search/filter. Could be useful to have similar ones to open the board's label settings, custom fields, etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events