It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a chat room/board for a board team members?

Hi, I'm using Trello to manage campaigns with members from different locations. Is there a chat room/board in Trello that works like Google Hangouts or Slack that we can chat on Trello?

Thanks,

Amanda

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jul 05, 2019

@Amanda Koh When I want to do chat in Trello, I just create a card for each "room" or "channel" then people can watch the card and they'll receive a notification for every new comment posted. Otherwise if they unwatch the card, they will only be notified when someone mentions them by name. I put those "chat cards" in a list called "Chat" so people know not to do anything else with them.

Hi Iain, can the 'chat' happen in Trello itself? Or we have to reply on another app/tool? Thanks, Amanda

Iain Dooley Community Leader Jul 08, 2019

@Amanda Koh you can just add comments to a card, anyone watching the card will get a notification, or if they unwatch they will only receive a notification when mentioned by username

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community

Hi, team, Whether you've been hanging out here in the Trello collection for awhile, or whether you're just now joining us from the Trello Slack Community, we’ve got some exciting news about th...

2,297 views 23 46
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you