Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a backup for Trello for when outage occurs?

Kim Macha September 25, 2021

When outages happen, like this past week, is there a way for users to have a backup copy of their boards so we can continue with our tasks? I couldn't move on to my next task when the outage happened last week as I didn't know which task to do next, really frustrating!!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2021

Hi Kim,

I'm really sorry you were affected by our outages last week! Our Status page shows that we maintain above 99.5% uptime, so we haven't developed the ability to work while in an outage. These happen rarely. 

Again, we're very sorry that you were affected last week. We are gathering feedback on having offline capabilities for Trello, so I'll add you to the feedback we're gathering. 

In terms of exporting, all users can export their boards as JSON files, and Premium and Enterprise workspace members can export their boards as CSV files. 

Jaimi Kosa April 6, 2022

Please add me to the list of people who would like an offline capability.  Love Trello, have years of information organized in multiple boards, but when traveling on a train/plane with lousy signal, it would be nice to have it offline.

0 votes
Dasha Shakov February 7, 2022

Hi @Kim Macha

I wanted to let you know that the company I work at, Rewind, developed a Power-Up called Backups for Trello that runs daily backup sof your Trello data and stores them securely in a third-party location so you can have access to all of your information even if Trello is down. It's also super helpful in case of accidental deletions!

Backups for Trello was the 3rd most installed new Power-Up in 2021. I hope it's able to give you some peace of mind when working in Trello!

If you have any questions, I'm just a message away. You can also contact me at dasha@rewind.com.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events