Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a WAIT step that you can use in rules or automations?

Katharina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2022

I am trying to add labels to a card once they have been in a stage for a certain amount of days. This will enable me to see which jobs have been taking too long to complete, by labeling them from yellow to orange and then finally red, if they have been in a certain stage for over a week.

I can see how to add a label, for example I can create a yellow label and call it '2 days in this stage' but I can't see a trigger that adds the label on day 2.

There is the option to add a 'due date after 2 days', however this just adds a due date and it isn't a 'wait for 2 days' trigger.

I hope that makes sense, and someone can help me!

Thanks

Kat

2 answers

0 votes
ginger.mudd@flinders.edu.au December 6, 2022

@KatharinaYou can add and remove labels on a card based on the due date.  See the Due Date commands in Automation.

You start with a trigger (e.g. 2 days after a card is due).DDTrigger.JPG

You can use the filter options to apply the rule to a specific list or to cards with one or more specific criteria

DDFilters.JPG

Once you design your trigger, you can add one or more an actions.  (e.g. Add the Red Overdue label)

DDAction.JPG

One thing to be aware of,  some of the automation rules do not work "restroactively". That is,  they will only work on due dates occuring after the automation rule is created.   In other words, automations do not work when the due dates occur before the date the Automation rule was created,

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2022

@Katharina 

Trello automation is based on triggers eg when a card is added, card is due, every Monday etc. It is not based on conditions as you wanted like if card age on x list is more than y days then do this. 

You might want to look at the card ageing power up which will give you a visual feel the age of the card.

Katharina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 5, 2022

@milynnus This was fantastic advice, thank you! It works perfectly for what I need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events