Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the trigger "when the description of a card in list" broken?

Matt Fisher March 28, 2022

Hi, I've created a few triggers that are intended to be specific to a given list, but they trigger for the entire board. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm not sure how to report a bug correctly...

Thanks!

matt

Example:

Complete is a list, Requester: is a pattern in the card description, Checklist is a checklist.

when the description of a card in list "Complete" contains "Requester: \n{* }", add an empty checklist named "Checklist" to the card, add item "Requester Agrees Complete" to checklist "Checklist", assign the item to member @{wildcard1}, set the item due now, and post comment "@{wildcard1} This card is finished. Please review and either raise an issue or check the \"Requester Agrees Complete\" check box. Thanks!"

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt Fisher April 1, 2022

It is a bug, they will fix it eventually:

"

I heard back from my colleague, and this is indeed a bug. I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on when a fix for the issue will be pushed, as soon as one is available, we will deploy it.

In the interim, perhaps it would be useful to try a similar rule scheme using labels instead? For example, instead of triggering the actions based on residing in a specific list with a specific description, you could trigger those rules by adding a specific label. Not quite ideal, as it adds an extra step, but it would offer a fully manual way to trigger those rules in the interim.

"

Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2022

Hey @Matt Fisher, thanks for sharing the workaround that support provided! That will be helpful for others having the same issue.  

Like Matt Fisher likes this
0 votes
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

Hi @Matt Fisher, assigning a specific list to your Butler rule should only trigger on cards in that list. The automation shouldn't trigger from other cards on the board outside of that list. Can you double-check that there aren't other similar rules enabled on the board that are causing the unwanted automations?

If you've ruled that out, you can reach the Trello team directly at http://www.trello.com/contact — use the "Using Trello" and "Report a bug" option to send an email to support who can troubleshoot this through with you.

Matt Fisher March 29, 2022

Thanks for the reply @Artemis !

I did verify and submit a bug.

Like Artemis likes this
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2022

Great! Hopefully a team member can help untangle this. :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events