Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it still possible to have Guests on my Premium Boards?

Rafael - Proplan April 7, 2022

Yesterday we realised that Trello have updated the way we invite people to our Premium Workspace. Now we "Share" our Boards. But it seems that we no longer are able to "Share"/"Invite" guests to our Premium Workspace Boards, not even to a single board, without make them "members" and being charged by that.

We need Members who are able to be in unlimited boards and "guests" in only one board.

Does Trello offer another alternative to that? Somebody have the same issue? How to proceed?

[SOLUTION] > add person as "member" on Workspace > add person as "member" on Board > remove person as "member" on Workspace > uncheck the box to maintain the person on the Board. That way the person will be "Guest"

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Hey @Rafael - Proplan 

The name on the button may have changed, but the mechanics behind board membership and which Trello users are billable on a Premium (or Standard) workspace have not.

See https://help.trello.com/article/855-how-billing-works-with-trello-premium-and-standard

TL;DR; You can add a Trello user, who is not a member of your premium workspace, to a single Trello board in that workspace, and they will not be considered billable (single-board guest). If you add them to more than one board (multi-board guest) or add them to the workspace directly, they become billable.

Felix

Rafael - Proplan April 7, 2022

Thank you, Felix. I tried that way but it doesn´t seem to function. I posted an update on my original post.

0 votes
Lisa at TEB October 6, 2022

I've just realised this as well after using Trello free for years, then upgrading to Premium and noticing if I have staff with access to more than one board, you're charged for them as a member and this adds up. But if you only share 1 board per guest, then it's the minimum fee. So I've just re-adjusted my boards. Will be interesting to try the answer to add then remove and make a guest, and see if this works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events