Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use Trello to send email notifications to non-users?

Andrei Korchagin November 13, 2018

I'm essentially trying to find a solution (whether Trello or otherwise) to manage projects (each with various deliverables, timelines, etc.) where the recipient email addresses of the notification emails will not be attached to a user. For instance, I want to send said notification emails to various people within and outside of my organization but without having them make accounts on Trello.

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2018

@Andrei Korchagin you can use something like Zapier to trigger an email (for example from Gmail) when a card moves to a specific spot.

You can also use Butler to send an email with the subject and recipient to the Zapier email parser, then use that in turn to trigger the email out from Gmail for example.

If you'd like a more complete integration I also have a product Benko Board that allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client, so you can send emails to anyone in your Google Contacts from any Trello card.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events