Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set due dates to tasks in the checklist

Gavin McIver January 31, 2018

I run a card per project, These project have activities the required to be complete which are listed in the check box and required to be done so it can be moved to the next field. 

I want to know how I can add due dates to the these checklist items. 

1 answer

1 vote
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2018

Hi Gavin!

Unfortunately, Trello doesn’t currently support adding due dates to checklist items. If you’d like, you can request this as a feature by emailing feature-ideas@trello.com - this sends it right to the developers :)

If you’re interested in a workaround, I’m happy to discuss my method of tracking project tasks where deadlines are needed.

Hope I’ve helped!

Gavin McIver January 31, 2018

Thanks Devon,

Yeah any tips would be great. 

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2018

Here's my method to get around this - I hope it helps you!

I keep my project cards in one list, which I title Active Projects (I know, genius, right? :) ). Then, I create a label for each project as well. I make them all black, which makes it easy to see on the board. I then assign this label to the project card, and create a card for each task related to that project. These also get the project label. Then those task cards go in my other todo lists on the board (I keep lists for each area of my work space).

This way those tasks get mixed in with all of my other tasks, which is really nice - you can see everything at once. But you can also tell at a glance that it belongs to a project because of its black label, and you can filter by each project through the sidebar's filter menu. And, you can attach task-related files to that one card, versus having files from all tasks cluttered together on the project card. I attach project-related files to the project card, though. So, all project files are in one place, and the task files are on the card for the specific task. It keeps everything clean!

Here are some screenshots showing what I mean (apologies for the off-site link; I'm unable to upload screenshots at the moment):

https://cloudup.com/ciWacRxyglt

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events