Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to see the fist and last name characters of the member assigned to the card?

Jim Kariotis February 20, 2023

When I create a new card and allocate a member to the card I see a small circle with the first letter of their first name on the card in the bottom right corner. Can this be changed to use the first letter and their first name and the first letter of their second so it shows 2 characters? It's impossible to know who has been assigned the card with just 1 letter. I have 5 cards with the letter J assigned. Yes if I hover over it I can see the person, but I don't want to do that all the time. 

2023-02-21 18_45_23-Window.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

Hi @Jim Kariotis and welcome to the community,

Usually, Atlassian accounts takes the name and last name and place both first letters on the avatar, if an image in not set. Can you please check the names on the profiles of these users?

Jim Kariotis February 21, 2023

The members I have added are not real addresses if that matters. I don't want to invite anyone but I just want to keep track of cards and who is assigned to what.

I just made up the email, eg. John.Smith@1234.com and added them as members.

Not sure if that matters, but I would expect to still see the 2 characters for each member.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

@Jim Kariotis understood. But these addresses are (would be) connected to an Atlassian account which by default would use the email address as a name. So in the above case that would be just "J". But if you could edit one of these accounts and enter a first and last name, you would see it (most likely) on the card.

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  Not exactly sure what you mean, all the "members" I've added have first.lastname@1234.com. But I still only see J on the card.

js2.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2023

@Jim Kariotis 

When you add a member to a card make sure to add their full name with a space between:

full name.png

Doing that will result in having an avatar with both the first letters:

jim card.png

Failing to do so, or placing their email as their full name will result in a single letter avatar:

failing.png

Like Jim Kariotis likes this

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Thanks, that worked!

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Side question, is it possible to change the characters for an image?

Not very important though, just curious.

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2023

What do you mean by that? Example?

I mean instead of the 2 letters of the person's name, have their avatar/profile pic.

Instead of "JK" have their photo. But I assume because these are fake accounts I can't set that (and even if they weren't, the account owner would set it).

jk1.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2023

You have to create XX "fake" email atlassian accounts and setup the pictures yourself. This comes with how Atlassian's ids work. E.g. the profile pic of me is set on my atlassian account and it is displayed on all atlassian products (+ this community).

Like Jim Kariotis likes this

Understood, thanks for your help.

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2023

@Jim Kariotis glad to be of assistance! If that's ok with you, kindly mark my answer as accepted in order to help others in the community to find proper answers to similar questions. Thank you!

0 votes
Adam Cao
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 22, 2023

Hey Jim, check out this Power-Up: https://trello.com/power-ups/634f6e698f760b05b67fec3d

You can set it to show the assigned members' full names as plain text on the card front.

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 5.52.25 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events