Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to recover a board deleted by mistake ?

Maxime Raïa November 8, 2018

Hello,

I've deleted a really important board on Trello by mistake.

I would like to know if it could be possible to recover it. 

Thank you in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2018

Hi @Maxime Raïa , I just wanted to clarify if you meant you closed the board or went one step further and fully deleted it. 

Once a card or board is fully deleted, there's not a way to retrieve it. However if you closed the board, you can reopen it with the following steps:

1. Click the boards button in the upper right.
  2. Click View Closed Boards (at the bottom)
  3. Find the board you'd like to re-open, and click the Re-open button 

If you want to make backups of your board for future, you'd need to make copies of the board as often as you feel necessary, and then you can delete the copied board as you copy new ones.  

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jodi

Maxime Raïa November 8, 2018

Hi @Jodi LeBlanc, fortunately, I've closed the board and not deleted it.

Thanks to your answer I'm able to re-open it.

Thanks a lot,

Have a nice day,

Maxime

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2018

That's wonderful to hear Maxime, so happy you were able to re-open it!

Have an amazing day,

Jodi

Abhinav January 31, 2019

(y) ok

0 votes
Rémy July 26, 2022

Hi, I'm new in this community and still try to figure out how it has to be done.

It's not my native language so I prefer to prevent you and ask for your kindness.

So, we recently annouced to one of our employee that he will be fired because of downsizing.

His reaction was brutal and was to delete all the boards. The issue if that he was manager of and the owner of the boards.

His team lost all the work done on trello and i would like to know if there is a tiny tiny way to recover the boards.

Thank you in advance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events