Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to rearrange the layout of a board?

David Kruse May 22, 2019

How do I rearrange the layout of a board so the cards are not all side by side, but also below each other?  I'm creating a list for each staff position we're hiring for (more than a dozen) and adding to each list the cards of individual candidates.  That way if I want to re-assign a candidate to a different role, I just drag the card to that list. 

Even in the zoomed out view, the board is impossibly wide and the lists can't all be seen at once.  I'd like to be able to move lists like icons to any place on a board, or even on a grid, which I seem to have seen in some illustrations.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2019

@David Kruse 

Hi David, there is a Chrome extension called List Layouts for Trello that allows to arrange lists in a different manner than the default that Trello offers. It has 3 different list layouts, one of them is a vertical one.

David Kruse May 24, 2019

Excellent; thanks, Katrin.

Josh Gottsegen July 30, 2020

Can this be done on iOS?

Rasmus Münster August 24, 2020

Beginner's question: I got the List Layouts for Trello, but nothing changed in my Trello, how do I use it?

Edit: I found out, you have to click the extension icon. But it changes the layout af ALL my boards, not just the one I want. So I can't use the extension, please implement different list formats per board in Trello itself.

0 votes
Angryface Transport April 22, 2021

Hi guys.

I'm a transporter.and use trello to manage my stock. I was wondering if I can layout trello cards in a map of my trailers so when stock gets passed from one trailer to the other it's just a drag n drop or a move card.

I only do basic trello. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events