Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to move a checklist within a card to a new list, as cards, when that card is moved?

Lita Merrill September 3, 2022

I have cards with checklists in them. When I move the card to a specific list, I would like the checklist within that card to move to a different list, as individual cards. Is that possible?

For example:

My list is made of activities. Within those activities there is a checklist for things to get done.

I move the activity to a list for an event, and beside that even there is a list for things to do. I'd like like each of the activities I place in the event to have their checklists moved as new cards to the "things to do" list, so that they are all visually in one place. And so that I don't have to copy/paste each checklist individually.

Does that make sense?

Is that possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2022

Hi @Lita Merrill ! Welcome to the community :) yes, you can achieve this with butler automation. Try something like the below:

when a card is moved into list "Trigger", convert all the items in checklist "Tasks" into linked cards in list "Things to do"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events