• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to modify or disable keyboard shortcuts?

I've got a co-worker who accidentally pushes "c" all the time which accidentally archives things that should still be active. Is there a way for a user to disable keyboard shortcuts?

3 answers

What is just *brutal* about the keyboard shortcuts is when you mis-click a text entry and start typing, they start applying. So I go to edit a title or description, and suddenly I do 5 unexpected things to the card because I didn't actually get the input to focus.

I really want a way to disable these. ESPECIALLY ARCHIVE! Our team has lost a ton of time to `c`. Why is that so easy to do!

you should also really add a way to delete an answer when you meant to reply instead :/

0 votes
sg Atlassian Team May 22, 2017

Hey Nathan,

Right now there's not an option to disable keyboard shortcuts, but I'll pass this feedback along to the team!

Steven
Trello Support

Okay, thanks for the info!

Please add this feature, shortcuts are annoying as hell

Like Monica Sibaja Gonzalo likes this

Necro on this topic, because it has been 2 years without any update. Disabling / modifying keyboard shortcuts is still needed. Any update on progress to this end?

Can I add my vote as well? I've had several frustrating episodes of trying to revert whatever my intercepted typing had done.

What would mitigate it somewhat would be an undo feature. If I could just hit that a few times within a short grace period, I wouldn't mind the errant commands as much.

It's so frustrating to miss a text input and have 100 things change on a card.  Or to not realize your browser is focused and accidentally move a card without noticing.

We use the custom fields power up with a lot of text inputs and it happens at least weekly on our team.

An option to disable these would be invaluable

3 years on, this is still needed.

Dustin I'm New Here Oct 01, 2020

We especially see an issue with this on large boards that have slow, unresponsive UIs. Cards seem to be moved or archived and users get very confused at what happened. We've seen this occur multiple times with different users in just the last week.

Keyboard shortcuts on Trello are the bane of my existence. Please, PLEASE consider an option to turn them off. 

0 votes
VHS I'm New Here Oct 18, 2020

Agree completely with the above complaints. The UI is slow to react when clicking in a text box (in our case Custom Fields are the main issue) and anything typed before the textfield is accepting input is taken as a shortcut.

I would remove every single shortcut in a second (except 'f' for filter) so there is almost no upside and a huge downside. Archiving with a 'c' is extremely dangerous.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

314 views 10 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you