Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to hide specific cards in trello?

Eric Sol January 24, 2022

I would like to know if it is possible to hide some specific cards in trello from other users.

3 answers

0 votes
Michael December 25, 2023

Hi all 👋 we have recently answered this question by developing a new free trello powerup called Hidynotes an admin managed private notes system. I hope this helps it allows you to write private notes between selected users and include images, attachments and formatting inc markup. Hope this helps! Sorry if it’s delayed.

Try this

https://trello.com/power-ups/652cd18cd9ce322b3e03bebe/hidynotes

FD5EC52B-5E57-4596-BF10-D9565F8BD692.jpeg

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hey @Eric Sol ! Not natively, no. Trello's designed in a way so that if you invite a member to the board, they are able to see all information within the board. A couple of alternative 3rd party options that might help though:

1. External Share Power-Up. This allows you to share a read-only version of the board and filter the view so the viewer only sees a subset of cards.

2. Create a secondary board for these other users and copy/sync the cards the other users need to see to this board using Butler automation or Unito

Hope that helps!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Eric Sol , welcome to the community.

I don't know any means of hiding a card. I recall a power up called Private notes that can be used to hide specific notes on a card.

Eric Sol January 24, 2022

*Private notes* only allows me myself to write private notes which I can't share with others. I would also like to share with some people. I guess there's no such thing as restricting access to specific cards till now in Trello.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events