• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to have trello automatically send an email when a task is assigned to a team member?

I'm trying to get started with a trello for my team. Right now we have a free version and I'm trying to understand what are the Abilities it has before we start talking about upgrading to business class.

I looked around in the documentation but could not find any answer to this query. Is it possible that when a team member assigns a trello card to another team member, then the latter automatically gets an email or some sort of a notification that the task has been assigned to her?

Or is there any other way that if a member has got some card assigned to her, she get some kind of notification without having to login and keep on checking whether she has been assigned some cards?

If it is not possible in the free version, is it possible to do that in the business class version?

Thank you for any inputs

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Trading

There are certain notifications that are sent to a user based upon whether they are watching a board, a list, or a specific card.  However, if they are not watching those, then there are also some notifications that are triggered always.

You can find the full list at https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

One of the 'always' notifications are when being added to a board or assigned to a card.  This will trigger a notification in the notification center on the Trello board, and an email is triggered based off of unread notifications and the email settings.  See the Notification Emails and Preference portion of the same document.

Thank you for the response. And thanks a lot for the link also. I'm marking the answer is resolved.

When board members are assigned to a card they will automatically receive an email notification. These notifications are sent out at different times according to the settings of each user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

774 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you