Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get the user associated to a checklist item in Butler?.

Ainhoa Erdocia May 9, 2021

Is it possible to get the user associated to a checklist item in Butler?. What I ultimately want is to have each task in a Checklist -that is, as a checklist, associated to an user- creating through Butler several cards, each one with the same owner as the checklist task in the original card.

Many thanks for your support!,

IMA.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2021

@Ainhoa Erdocia 

Butler can assign member and due date to checklist item and you get to see them on paid boards ie one with Advanced Checklist like in a Business class workspace board.

The last I converted such an item to a card, the member and due date appeared on the card. However, some did not get this result. So you need to verify this for yourself.

I am sure it can be done using http request to an endpoint program.

Ainhoa Erdocia May 10, 2021

Hello,

The assignment of members will be done manually to tasks, as this will be difficult to automate. What I wanted is to create a Butler button called "SEND TO SALES" that just converted all tasks into cards with a press of a button.

Still, if the checklist is converted manually to card, it maintains Name and Member of the task into the converted card. When I do this through Butler, I have two main issues:

- One is that Butler does not seem to be able to recover the name of the checklist tab in order to create a smarter card name.

- Other is that Butler, when converting checklist items to cards does not respect the checklist member, but it picks the original card containing the checklist member.

So, all in all, what I want is to save a few clicks when converting checklist items into cards, respecting the owner, and hopefully building a meaningful name for the card.... but, for now, I am still not able to see how to do something that could look simple.

Many thanks,

IMA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events