Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get a notification via email if i'm added as a member to a card on the board?

Dominic Gerber September 14, 2020

Hello everybody

My boss tasked my to found something out. In our team we use the function to add members to a card to assign the task. He wants to know if he can adjust the notification setup in a way that he gets an email in outlook if he's added as a member to a card. 
I was searching the trello blog but wasn't  lucky. Can you guys help me? 
Thank you very much in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2020

@Dominic Gerber you can get all your notifications via email:

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

However he will get a lot of them and they'll be grouped together. You can also use Butler to send an email when someone is added to a card, either by setting up a single rule for everyone that will email every member of a card when a member is added:

2020-09-14 at 10.20 pm.pngThis would have the problem that if more than one person were added to the card, each of them would receive a notification about it (although that's also true with Trello's native notifications). Each person can also set up their own rule using Butler that would email them specifically:

2020-09-14 at 10.24 pm.pngYou might also be interested in this product I created which improves upon Trello's notifications by centralising any cards you're added to or comments you're mentioned in, in a single board:

http://www.benkoboard.com/

It also lets you use Trello as a Gmail client. This somewhat obviates the need to have your notifications emailed you since your Trello inbox becomes your email inbox also.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events