Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to filter by last activity date using Butler?

Lo_ Jonathan October 14, 2021

I'm rather new to using Butler but is it possible to obtain all cards using the last activity date within the card. My goal is to grab all cards with an activity date less than or equal to one week. 

I've taken a look at Card Variables and I though the {cardlastactivitydate} could be possible with an if statement. However, I am not sure how to input it using the Butler UI.

ss.png

In addition, when I am reading the Butler documentation or examples, I often see commands issued in the form of a command. For ex,

for each list if "{listname}" does not contain "X" and "{listname}" does not contain "Y"

I can see the end result after saving the command on my end. However, I cannot edit the text directly. Is this by design or am I missing a button.

Thank you for any help!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

@Lo_ Jonathan card variables are useful as you're setting up the rules and automation, but (as far as i know) you can't freeform functions with if statements. You can create those statements that you see by adding other rules, and sometimes in the action statements there are freeform spots that you can fill in with those variables. 

To be honest, Im not sure there's a good way to do this for the last activity date though, as it looks more like that's something that you could inject in a report, but not necessarily use as a filter for actions. 

Lo_ Jonathan October 14, 2021

Thank you for your response! Looks like I'll have to rethink it through then.

Best,

Jonathan Lo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events