Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create card move buttons in trello that have the names of previous/next card list?

Cody L November 27, 2019

I want to create buttons on cards that move a card to the next or previous list on a board.  The catch: I would like the buttons to be titled with the next or previous list with respect to the current list that the card is in.

Simple Ex. I have three lists--List 1, List 2, List 3.  Card is in List 2.  On the card I want two buttons, one says Move to List 1 and the other reads Move to List 3.  If I move the card to List 3, I then want the buttons to say Move to List 2 and End of Board.  Similar action if I were to have moved the card to List 1.

Can this be done with Butler or another service?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2019

Hi @Cody L 

Yes this is possible with Butler, however not in the way that you want it. You can create card buttons labelled 'Move > 1' 'Move > 2' etc, however, they would show up on every card, there isn't a way to hide buttons, e.g., if a card is in List 1, there isn't a way to hide 'Move > 1'

You can have a custom field set for something like the date that it was moved to list 1, that might help, but it's a workaround that might not suit you. In this way, you could have a rule set up on the board, something like: when the card is added to list 2, set the custom field 'Date > List 2' to today's date.

Something like that might work for you

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but using Butler and custom fields together can be extremely effective.

Esme :)

Cody L December 2, 2019

@Esme Crutchley Okay, thanks for the feedback! I'll see what I can do using Butler and Custom Fields together.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

@Cody L No the button names are hard coded in the butler rules when you create them.

Cody L December 2, 2019

@Iain Dooley , thanks for the response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events