Is it possible to create a new card from defined templates on slack?

ilkerbaltaci December 10, 2020

We are using our slack group channel for planning meetings to create new trello cards.

Is it possible to create a new card from trello app on slack that is generated from a defined template?

2 answers

0 votes
Erin Burke
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2021

Hi @ilkerbaltaci ! I'm a PM on the Product Integrations team and we'd love to chat with you, you can reach out to me via email at eburke@atlassian.com smile

jada August 11, 2021

@Erin Burke Hey Erin! I am building out a new product request function using Trell & this feature would be the deciding factor on if we use Trello or another management solution. Our team is incredibly reliant on slack commands, but we also need templated information for our tickets. Is this in the works or do you have any insights on a workaround? Essentially, I just need all new tickets on the board to follow the same template. Thanks! 

0 votes
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2020

Not at the moment, but this is definitely a good suggestion! Glad to pass this along to the team as a potential improvement to that integration in the future.

We have a little more on the available commands here: https://help.trello.com/article/1049-slack-app

For now, you can add new cards from Slack, but they wouldn't be able to come from a template: 

/trello add [teammates] [card name]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events