Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a master trello board?

Jamie Mitchell November 5, 2019

I have several Trello boards with different teams. Is there any way that I can create a master board that aggravates anything tasked to me between all boards and projects in one place? 

3 answers

2 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

Hi Jamie

I have a master board, I call it my 'Desktop' as its the one that ALL my other boards feed into. I use Butler rules to make sure that everything comes into my 'Desktop.'

I use Trello as an individual (although I have Business), so I would think that a rule along the lines of 'when a card is assigned to me...copy the card to 'Inbox' on 'Master Board' and link the cards together' on all other boards that you want to feed into your Master Board might be useful?

There are other things that I do with mine, however, I use Trello as an individual so I'm not on other Teams, so this is how I would set it up, but it might not be right.

Please reach out with further specifics and I'll help if I can (I have quite complex Butler commands and rules)

Thanks

Esme :)

Michael A_ Lowe August 14, 2020

I am also trying to create a master board.  is it possible to get some ideas on how you did yours.

thanks,

Michael

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

@Jamie Mitchell as @Esme Crutchley said you can do this with Butler, or the Unito power up. The issue is that if you're being added to lots of different boards in different teams, the task of installing the commands/power ups on each of those boards can be cumbersome.

If you're not working with a finite/fixed number of boards you can use the Google Sheets add-on I wrote called Benko Board:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

This does what you want it to: aggregates all cards you're added to with a linked copy in your master board (it also lets you integrate Gmail with Trello which you can optionally disable).

0 votes
Chris Chwastyk August 22, 2022

Esme - is there anything further on this - I'm also trying to set up a master board for Trello.  Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events