cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it already possible to delete lists?

Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Hi! I have a question, will the delete list function be available in the future?

I don't find if there is a reason to don't delete lists. And cards, and boards yes. 

It is a question that a lot of people ask me, and I don't know what to say. 

Thank you! 

1 answer

0 votes
Rodolfo Moreira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2023

Hi, Alicia!

As you know, lists can't be deleted, only archived.

The reason, why deleting content in Trello (such as Cards and Boards) is not a single-click action is that the deletion in Trello is permanent and not recoverable. We, therefore, require multiple steps to be taken to prevent users from accidentally deleting content that then turned out was not meant to be deleted.

But I'll let our team know that's something you'd be interested in. In the meantime, if you need to fully delete a list, there is a workaround you could use. What you could do is first send the list back to the board, and then move the list to a new, empty board. You can move the list by clicking on the menu icon next to the list title, then selecting "Move list".

Once you have all the lists you want to delete on your new board, you can close the board and then delete it. Deleting the board will also delete the lists within that board.

I hope this information was helpful, have a great day. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events