Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is adding color to Timelines even on the Trello Development Team's Timeline?

John Dashiell April 9, 2022

I specifically paid for Pro thinking that the Timeline would actually be useful. This image from Trello's official blog is what sold me. Clearly this was misleading advertising. Will color ever be added to timelines, or is Atlassian just expecting Power-Ups to take care of the work for them?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2022

Hi John!

I really like the idea of showing card colors on the timeline! I think there's a bunch of potential improvements we can still make to that view, and I'll share this post with the team.

If you want to provide more specifics about how you'd expect colors to work, that would help us prioritize too!

Also generally any feedback you have on timeline view (or any of the others) is always appreciated!

Cheers,

Felix

Jacques Hoffman May 6, 2022

Hi Felix

Just to add to the Timeline view feedback, it would also be really useful to add better filter tools, eg. I just want to see certain members and be able to hide the rest. Currently I'm forced to see all the members who have access to the board. 

Thanks

Jacques

Kelly Sattler April 16, 2024

I would love it if the color I chose for the column on the board showed up on the timeline. Since cards can have multiple labels each with their own color, using the label color would be difficult unless the timeline view was on "label" then the cards in the timeline could be the color that matches the label.

Other improvements on the timeline view...

1. letting the view default to the ordering last shown instead of always starting with list.
  2. Letting us subfilter the view to show only the columns, members or labels we'd like to see.
  3. Letting us sort the order of what is shown on the timeline by the first column by drag and drop and for it to remember - more gantt chart like
0 votes
Rolf Keller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2024

Colors on timeline is really a must must have. That we can take the image background/color of the card at the least.

It would help that labels show up too !

Thanks its urgent for our customers

0 votes
kaja November 29, 2022

Any progress on this? I miss colors in my timelines badly! It would improve the use of the tool so much! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events