It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is Trello going to release a Linux Desktop app?

It is interesting to see that Trello has released desktop apps. However, they are limited to Windows and Mac at the minute. Is there a plan on releasing a Linux based application?

5 answers

It's 2019 and, by the fact that only some hundreds viewed this post and nearly no one commented anything, I suppose Trello remains with only a few people interested on it for Linux... if you are reading this and wanted a version for Linux (like me), please post it here!!

kokbira I'm New Here Jul 19, 2019

Me too.

Now I'm using an unofficial solution: https://www.edivaldobrito.com.br/cliente-desktop-do-trello-no-linux/

1 vote
mikelj Atlassian Team Sep 29, 2017

Hi Ardeshir,

That's a great question—right now, we're not planning on a Linux version, but I'll let the team know you're looking for it!

Let's hope this changes, it would really be great :)

KenP Atlassian Team Oct 16, 2017

https://github.com/danielchatfield/trello-desktop

haven't tried it myself yet though!

It's basically just a desktop wrapper for the website as far as I could make out (no offline capability).

It's an Electron app, so there's really zero excuse for not having a Linux version --- that's the whole point of Electron. 

Like Daniel Naftalovich likes this

I am quite interested in seeing a linux version as well, or alternatively, a web app version. Web apps can be easily supported on linux.

0 votes

How about a snap, a lot of the other kanban apps like zenkit, ora use Snaps for Linux, Snaps are distro independent.

em may be its nice 

Trello should release Linux version for stupid genius like us.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

NEW: Trello Board & Card Templates, Plus Community-Inspired Template Gallery

Hi there, Community! Jessica here from Trello Product Marketing. As we celebrate 50 million registered users, we're super excited to share several new features available in Trello now that will hel...

866 views 3 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you