Is Trello able to backup the content of a card to a local HDD?

Nabil August 9, 2021

Has anyone tried to backup the files on a specific trello card to the local hard drive?

1 answer

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2021

Hi @Nabil welcome to the Atlassian community.

I haven't tried back up of cards, given they are all saved in the cloud. However, I found the below information on the Trello blog, "Attachments from your computer create an actual copy within Trello. Attachments from Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and OneDrive simply link back to the document in its respective location.

Documents that are attached with Google Drive and OneDrive can be edited and saved in their respective applications and do not need to be downloaded, saved, and reattached to your card"

Stay safe an stay healthy.

Nabil August 11, 2021

@G subramanyam Thanks for your input. What I am after is the possibility to get a file(s) attached to a card synced to the HDD. That way if anyone from my team updates the card with a newer version of the file(s), I will be able to get the same file version on my HDD without the need for me to check for updates and download them manually. Kind regards.

Dasha Shakov August 24, 2021

Hi @Nabil

I'm Dasha from Rewind. We developed a backup and recovery solution for Trello to make sure the data in your Trello boards is protected against accidental data deletions, malicious attacks, and buggy Power-Ups.

Like @G subramanyam mentioned, Trello keeps a backup of all users' information in the cloud. In the unfortunate event of a data breach or a meteorite hitting Trello's server, Trello would restore everyone's information. However, if someone on your team accidentally deletes a board, the onus is on you to recover that information.

You can find our Power-Up, Backups for Trello, here: https://trello.com/power-ups/5f68db5b510db84238769710

Happy to answer any questions you have!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events