Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Tracking from Checkbox(task) in an Checklist with Trello possible?

MIchael Bloch August 25, 2019

Hello,

I´m testing trello for my company. I´prepared my Board (Tasks) with 10 different Checklists. I what to track some Checklists OR Checkboxes per "due-date". Is this possible or do I need an other Software , like JIRA?

P.S. I´m from Germany- I hope my english is good enough :-)

Kind regards

Michael

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Hi @MIchael Bloch ,

It's no default feature you are requesting here, but it can be achieved with a few tricks.

What you could do is using the Butler Power-Up for setting up automations in Trello, and convert checklist items into linked cards. Checklist items themselves can not have added trackable due dates, but if you create a card from a checklist item, this is possible.

With the Butler Power-Up, you could then check off the (linked) checklist item, once the card with the due date gets completed.

Does that make sense? - If you want to, I can explain further in Deutsch. :)

MIchael Bloch August 26, 2019

Thanks, I think I understand it. i´ll try it :-)

0 votes
Aaron Jensen August 26, 2019

Hi @MIchael Bloch

You might also try our Power-Up, Hello Epics, which lets you break your cards into parent-child cards. It even has a feature that converts checklists to child cards so you can turn your existing checklists into children automatically. It will automatically track progress of the children too. Check it out:

checklists2.gif

Here's the Power-Up page:

https://trello.com/power-ups/58c85f41d7f012a1879c7b2e/card-relationships-hello-epics

and our site: https://helloepics.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events