Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Grammarly no longer compatible with Trello?

Spigot Networks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 28, 2023

Grammarly's "power button" and correction no longer work with Trello in Chrome since the formatting bar above the comments field was added. The little correction circle does not appear anymore. The only change has been Trello's site. Just wondering if this is expected, or in the process of being fixed. 

2 answers

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2023

Hey @Spigot Networks! Sadly, the Grammarly extension no longer works with the new Trello editor due to significant performance issues it would cause. However, as mentioned by @Ivan Lima, you can use Grammarly Desktop, and it will work just fine with Trello, as you can see below:

GrammarlyDesktopTrello.jpg

Give it a try! I hope that works for you. 

Jack Breen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 4, 2023

@Sal it's a huge loss to my workflow that I can't use the Grammarly extension in the web app anymore with the new editor. However I've tried your suggestion to use Grammarly Desktop, but it is only working with the Activity/comment fields, it's not working consistently in the Description field (which is where I need it)?

Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2023

Hi Jack, 

Allow me to step in for Sal, as he's not available today 🙂

Hmm, I don't experience the same problem with the Grammarly Desktop in Trello cards' description fields. I'm afraid we won't be able to troubleshoot this issue further with you. I'd suggest you reach out to the Grammarly Support team on this. You can use this link to create a ticket with them - https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new#/

Hope they can help you resolve this issue!

Alina | The Trello Team

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2023

Hello and welcome to the Atlassian Community!

While I am not familiar with the specific "power button" feature you mentioned regarding Grammarly, I have been using the Grammarly desktop app for quite some time now and can attest that it works effectively across various platforms. Although it may not directly answer your question, I would recommend giving the desktop app a try, especially since I have successfully used it on Trello.

Spigot Networks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 1, 2023

Capture99.PNG

This would be the "power button" I'm talking about. 

It worked fine until Trello's last update where they added the format bar to the Comments under Activities fields. Now it is no longer there, and it does not correct spelling or anything. The image is from a new gmail email in the same browser. So Grammarly is working, and the Trello site is enabled and not blocked or ignored by Grammarly in anyway.

Like Anuj Shrestha likes this
Ivan Lima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2023

Do you use the Grammarly Chrome extension or the Desktop app? I have found the Desktop app to be much better as it works in multiple apps, including Trello on the browser. In this case, If you still have challenges, I recommend contacting the Grammarly support team at https://support.grammarly.com/.

Anuj Shrestha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 24, 2023

Sadly, the Desktop app is not supported for Linux. I guess it all depends on Grammarly support now. It was already having trouble with other text editors, I hope it doesn't lose Trello too. 

raphaeldealmeida
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 29, 2023

I noted you disabled the Grammary plugin. Is there some deal with them to this works again?

Ref: https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new#/resolve-a-technical-issue/grammarly-browser-extension/115000090392/

Screenshot from 2023-06-29 05-50-32.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events