Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Tracking

Sarrah Saunders March 10, 2024

I have inventory that leaves our warehouse, goes on a job site, and then returns. I have a trello card per inventory item. I would like to track how many days an item is out of our warehouse. I have a custom field named "Location" where I put the job site name when the item is out and "warehouse" if the item is in. Any ideas? I have about 2500 inventory items. 

1 answer

1 vote
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2024

Hi @Sarrah Saunders 

Create a list called "Booked Out" (change the name to what works for you). 

Create a custom field called "Time Booked Out"

Have the following automations

Automation 1 - When location is set to anything other than warehouse

When custom field "Location" is set to "regex:^((?!Warehouse).)*$/", move the card to "Booked Out" 

Automation 2 -When location is set to warehouse, move to list Warehouse and log time

When custom field "Location is set to "Warehouse", set custom field  "Time Booked Out" to {cardhoursinlist} and move the card to list "Warehouse"

Note, you can also use {cardminutesinlist}.  If you want days, you can do ({cardhoursinlist} / 24)

Sarrah Saunders March 11, 2024

Thank you, @Dreamsuite Mike . That would be helpful; although, each list is a package, so I need the cards to stay within the package for selection/design purposes. I have 10 boards (each a package type) with about 25 lists/packages each, so having cards separate out of their package would create too much chaos. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events