Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing trellit: a verb for Trello

Scott LaPlante March 3, 2020

My team and I love Trello! We use it extensively, and find Trello to be a great solution for long term planning boards, short term organization boards, client-facing boards, ephemeral boards for specific projects, etc.

We create cards frequently, and we ask each other to put an idea into a card frequently, or to create a card borne out of a conversation, etc.

What we don't have is a great nomenclature for that verb!

"Can you create a trello card for that?"

"Can you put that into trello?"

"I'll put that idea into trello"

... these are all fine, but they don't really provide an adequate level of pithiness, in our humble opinion. Jira has ticket as a verb; BitBucket has push; Google is itself a verb. We believe that trello needs a verb!

It is in the vein of giving back to the community that we hereby present to you what we have coined internally:

Trellit (vt) to add a thing to a trello card, or to create a trello card for that thing.

We should totally do that awesome idea, I'll trellit!

At the end of the meeting I'll trellit the decisions we make.

We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

2 answers

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2020

OMG @Scott LaPlante that's genius!

I always say 'I'll Trello it' or 'I'll add that to my Trello' - I am proud to share the Trellove and I shall be implementing 'trellit' from now on!

0 votes
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2020

@Scott LaPlante We love that you love Trello! 😄 And the innovation here with "trellit" is pretty stellar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events