It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Introducing trellit: a verb for Trello

My team and I love Trello! We use it extensively, and find Trello to be a great solution for long term planning boards, short term organization boards, client-facing boards, ephemeral boards for specific projects, etc.

We create cards frequently, and we ask each other to put an idea into a card frequently, or to create a card borne out of a conversation, etc.

What we don't have is a great nomenclature for that verb!

"Can you create a trello card for that?"

"Can you put that into trello?"

"I'll put that idea into trello"

... these are all fine, but they don't really provide an adequate level of pithiness, in our humble opinion. Jira has ticket as a verb; BitBucket has push; Google is itself a verb. We believe that trello needs a verb!

It is in the vein of giving back to the community that we hereby present to you what we have coined internally:

Trellit (vt) to add a thing to a trello card, or to create a trello card for that thing.

We should totally do that awesome idea, I'll trellit!

At the end of the meeting I'll trellit the decisions we make.

We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

2 answers

0 votes
Erica Moss Community Manager Mar 03, 2020

@Scott LaPlante We love that you love Trello! 😄 And the innovation here with "trellit" is pretty stellar.

0 votes
Esme Crutchley Community Leader Mar 04, 2020

OMG @Scott LaPlante that's genius!

I always say 'I'll Trello it' or 'I'll add that to my Trello' - I am proud to share the Trellove and I shall be implementing 'trellit' from now on!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,484 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you