Integration between Discord and Trello.

Katie February 3, 2021

I currently run a gaming server that utilizes Trello for server member tracking as well as in game record keeping. The server runs on a program called RedM and uses Discord as well. I was hoping to find a way to integrate or connect Discord and a specific Trello board together to automate creating cards when a member joins to community. Is this something that is possible? I attempted to use Zapier but it didn't seem to work.

4 answers

2 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021
0 votes
BCoder Castle January 17, 2023

Yes, it is possible to combine or link Discord with a particular Trello board to automatically create cards when a new community member joins. Using a webhook from Discord that initiates a Trello action is one method to accomplish this. https://b-coder.com/

0 votes
Michaela Staffova February 4, 2021

Heya @Stella !

If Zapier didn’t work for you, try to check out Integromat. It’s a no-code integration platform too but it’s way more powerful and universal. There is actually a Discord-Trello template which is a bit similar to what you’re looking for. It does not solve your issue but it can give you an idea of how Integromat works. You can check out the support documentation for the Discord integration and see if what you’re looking to do could maybe be done with an API call.

Good luck!

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021

@Stella 

Worked with discord a bit when I was testing out a NL classifier with discord as the client. It has a trigger that can serve as an endpoint to discord. Once that can be done, with the Trello module http request and or py-trello it can probably do almost anything with the data it receives from discord. Shall we take this offline? 

Katie February 3, 2021

Sure!

I'll have to find out how to do that... thank you!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2021

@Stella 

Left out Butler action I used. Updated above. All the best. 

Like Qidou likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events